CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 24, 2015 – Kronos Incorporated today announced that Forest City Enterprises, a premier real estate development and management company, has expanded its use of the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions. With added mobile capabilities, the organization has gained greater efficiencies, cost savings, and further enhanced employee engagement.
- An existing user of Kronos, Forest City Enterprises added mobile applications for increased visibility and easier access to the Kronos solution. This helped the organization save half a million dollars annually by allowing field workers to enter time through mobile devices directly from their worksite, eliminating travel time back to a central location.
- For added innovation in how Forest City Enterprises collects employee time-worked data, employees are using Kronos InTouch biometric time clocks, enabling them to indicate the specific jobs they worked on and track their time accurately. Managers also have visibility into job costs with Kronos and can track hours relative to project budgets, reducing unnecessary overtime by 25 to 30 percent.
- With properties across 25 states, Forest City Enterprises has also centralized all pay and work rules by programming federal, state, and union work and pay rules into the Kronos solution so they are applied fairly and accurately by location across the company. This has significantly eased the compliance management process as complex meal, break, and overtime rules are now applied consistently, leading to more accurate overtime calculation.
- Among other efficiency benefits, Forest City Enterprises is also supporting its rapid growth by automating and standardizing payroll processes with Kronos. With Kronos, the organization now helps ensure accuracy of payroll, reducing payroll processing time to just three-to-four hours per pay period.
- To further increase engagement across their workforce, employees and managers at Forest City Enterprises use self-service tools to access hours, schedules, and accrual information as well as request and approve time off.
- Jason Fenske, systems analyst, Forest City Enterprises “We have a portfolio of more than 250 properties across 25 states and we continue to expand our operations. Kronos, a scalable solution offering rich functionality, has made it faster and easier to ramp up new properties as we expand our business. Kronos has also given our organization visibility into labor data that previously wasn’t available, allowing for better management of budgets, greater employee engagement, and overall profitability.”
- Malysa O’Connor, director, service industries practice group, Kronos “Forest City Enterprises has a diverse workforce, with many field-based employees working on multiple projects at a time. If time worked is tracked incorrectly, it can lead to many budget headaches. With Kronos, managers can proactively manage labor to their budgets and Kronos’ mobile applications allow employees to more accurately and easily track time, all of which lead to increased efficiencies and greater employee satisfaction.”
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization and your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please visit www.HRchitect.com. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. After more than 18 years in business working on over 2100 successful engagements for more than 1000 clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our experience is vast. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including IBM Kenexa, Oracle, Taleo, WorkForce Software, Ultimate Software, Saba, Benefitfocus, SumTotal Systems, SAP, SuccessFactors, Lumesse, PeopleFluent, Cornerstone OnDemand, Infor, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.
Press releases posted on HCM Tech Vendor News are provided to HRchitect by the technology vendors and posted by HRchitect as a service to our readers.