PLEASANTON, CA and LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM–(Marketwired – May 5, 2015) – Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that Hyperion Insurance Group Limited (Hyperion), a leading international insurance intermediary group, has selected Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) to support the business at a time of significant growth. With Workday, Hyperion will move HR to the cloud, gaining the flexibility, speed, and workforce visibility to support rapid international expansion in a volatile and challenging global insurance market.
Hyperion is a leading insurance intermediary group with operations in insurance and reinsurance broking, under the Howden brand, and an underwriting agency – DUAL. The company is experiencing significant growth, both organically and through selective acquisitions, and recently announced a merger with insurance group R K Harrison Holdings Limited (RKH). The merger will create the world’s largest majority employee-owned insurance group, with more than 3,000 employees in over 121 locations across 37 countries. To support the company as it goes through these transformational changes, Hyperion chose Workday to modernise HR and create an agile technology foundation that can support continued growth, engage and empower its employees, and create a more strategic HR organisation.
With Workday, Hyperion will:
- Standardise HR processes, streamlining operations for growth and increasing efficiencies throughout the business. Hyperion will easily be able to configure business processes, such as workflows and organisational structures, and make changes as business needs evolve.
- Create a group-wide system of record for the newly merged company, ensuring that HR and management are working with accurate data to make decisions with confidence.
- Access analytics such as cost, current and projected capacity, and capability gaps across different geographies and business structures for more robust workforce planning.
- Provide managers with deep visibility and insights into their teams, which are often spread across multiple continents, enabling them to better measure performance, recognise top talent, and align skill sets with roles.
- Empower employees with greater mobile capabilities, giving them the ability to access information and take action when and where they need it, resulting in a more agile workforce. For example, employees and managers will be able to capture or approve leave requests directly from their mobile phones.
Comments on the News
“Hyperion is experiencing rapid growth. With the merger with RKH effectively doubling our UK headcount, and recent acquisitions significantly increasing the size of the business overseas, it is important that we have the right systems in place to support our business transformation and future goals,” said Mo Kang, group HR and communications director, Hyperion. “With Workday, we will have a technology foundation in place that can help us successfully manage this change, gaining the flexibility, speed, and workforce insights to support growth and empower our workforce in new and exciting ways.”
“We continue to see great momentum in the UK with fast-growing companies like Hyperion moving HR to the cloud to support aggressive growth plans,” said Chano Fernandez, president EMEA, Workday. “With Workday, Hyperion will have an HR system that easily adapts to business change while providing the tools and capabilities that create a more efficient, strategic, and engaged organisation.”
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. As the leader in Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, project management, implementation, change management and ongoing support of HCM systems. After more than 18 years in business working on over 2100 successful engagements for more than 900 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.
Press releases posted on HCM Tech Vendor News are provided to HRchitect by the technology vendors and posted by HRchitect as a service to our readers.