CHELMSFORD, Mass., Sept. 29, 2015 – The Indianapolis Fire Department – providing fire protection and emergency medical services to the 12th largest U.S. city – has gained cost savings with Kronos Workforce TeleStaff while reducing unnecessary overtime and employee exertion. Workforce TeleStaff is a public safety scheduling solution used by hundreds of fire, police, and corrections departments to optimize scheduling, communications, and deployment of personnel.
- Workforce TeleStaff replaced what was previously a manual process within the Indianapolis Fire Department. Once the number of employees doubled, the fire department decided to automate and streamline important workforce processes to help ensure fair allocation of overtime; create impartial schedules based on demand and employee preferences; and reduce overstaffing.
- Since deploying Workforce TeleStaff, the department has standardized department-wide rules, which are now followed and subsequently employees are not overworked. This also minimizes unnecessary overtime, and shifts are filled with only those who have the appropriate skills and certifications.
- With Workforce TeleStaff, Indianapolis Fire also has access to timely reports on employees when they are in emergency situations, helping the department’s leadership be aware of employees’ safety information at all times.
- Indianapolis Fire has received many operational and efficiency benefits with Workforce TeleStaff. For example, the department has reduced the time required to fill overtime shifts with qualified individuals – now less than 30 minutes compared to as much as seven hours previously.
- Also with Kronos, the department has minimized unnecessary overtime costs. Previously if Indianapolis Fire had an overtime situation but the employee was not really needed, the person was sent home but would get paid for the overtime.
- Captain Dale Rolfson, IT manager, Indianapolis Fire Department
“Workforce TeleStaff helps us run operations more efficiently, consistently manage staffing decisions, and save significant costs. Managing the workforce effectively is critical for any public safety department as our people are our greatest asset and optimizing this resource helps us serve our community even better while ensuring that we use our budget wisely.”
- Rock Regan, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
“Indianapolis Fire is an example of a forward-thinking public safety department that is focused on offering high-quality services while achieving operational efficiency. The ability to meet these goals is becoming increasingly important in public safety today. Workforce TeleStaff helps departments such as Indianapolis Fire increase efficiency, save costs, improve employee engagement, and reinvest in services for citizens. It’s a real win-win.”
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization and your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please visit www.HRchitect.com. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. After more than 18 years in business working on over 2100 successful engagements for more than 1000 clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our experience is vast. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including IBM Kenexa, Oracle, Taleo, WorkForce Software, Ultimate Software, Saba, Benefitfocus, SumTotal Systems, SAP, SuccessFactors, Lumesse, PeopleFluent, Cornerstone OnDemand, Infor, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.
Press releases posted on HCM Tech Vendor News are provided to HRchitect by the technology vendors and posted by HRchitect as a service to our readers.