Editor’s Note: As the leader in HCM technology consulting services, and an official Kronos services partner, HRchitect is widely recognized as the go-to resource for workforce management technology services and with the recent merger with Ultimate Software, HRchitect is the ONLY partner with knowledge of the entire UltiPro HCM suite and Kronos’ Workforce Dimensions. Working with more than 150 clients across the globe on workforce management related projects over the past decade, our experience includes Project Management, Implementation, Process Analysis/Redesign, Training, Optimization, Reporting, Integration, Change Management, Client-side implementation assistance, and Ongoing Support.
LOWELL, Mass., Apr 28, 2020
Taking action to help organizations and their essential employees during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic while providing new functionality for businesses to consider when creating plans and implementing protective measures for reopening in the future, Kronos Incorporated today introduced an automated reporting capability for employee contact tracing that will be available for Workforce Dimensions, Kronos Workforce Central, Kronos Workforce Ready, and Kronos iSeries Central customers globally at no additional charge.
- To aid global contact-tracing efforts and support the many essential business operations and public sector services provided by its customers, Kronos has introduced an automated reporting capability to help streamline the employee contact-tracing process, if needed, for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide.
- Leveraging data science to analyze labor records and time and attendance data collected by a Kronos solution, the new capability can generate a simple report organizations can use to quickly identify and communicate to employees who may have come in contact with a co-worker who has tested positive or is presumed positive for COVID-19.
- An employer can generate a contact-tracing report using only the afflicted employee’s ID number to identify potential contacts – i.e. employees clocked in at the same time and same location as someone testing positive or presumed positive for COVID-19 – based on overlapping shifts.
- As state, local, and health officials dedicate an increasing amount of resources to various contact-tracing initiatives, this information can empower organizations to partner with health officials to rapidly notify potentially exposed employees and ensure their people receive appropriate care, treatment, and proper direction – such as self-quarantining instructions and initiating heightened cleaning efforts in exposed work areas – to help reduce the risk of further virus transmission.
- The employee contact-tracing capability is available free of charge with self-service instructions provided for an organization’s Kronos administrator in the Kronos Customer Community.
- Kronos customers are also urged to visit the COVID-19 Resource Center on the Kronos Customer Community for many other tools and resources available to help organizations navigate the pandemic, including specific information on how to clean timekeeping devices, free access to employee badges and 24/7 support, and several knowledge base articles to configure their system to meet changing regulatory requirements, work rules, and specific needs.
- Ultimate Software, which joined forces with Kronos on April 1 in a monumental merger, has similarly delivered UltiPro product enhancements and resources to help customers, employees, and corresponding communities navigate challenges stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, both Kronos and Ultimate have delivered feature enhancements to their respective solutions to help organizations handle taxes, payments, and leave management related to new legislation, including the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Gregg Gordon, vice president, industry, Kronos
“We have never been more devoted to the success of our customers, who are doing everything possible to ensure the safety of their people while providing essential services that benefit so many of us. Recognizing that contact tracing is key to reducing further spread of COVID-19 and ensuring appropriate care for anyone exposed, we have greatly simplified this complex process in the workplace for our customers so they can take rapid action to communicate to essential workers if notified of a presumed-positive case at their facility. Doing so may support critical efforts to minimize future spikes of the virus while helping organizations develop plans and protocols for their reopening.”
- For practical guidance supporting employee well-being and workforce productivity, visit the “Managing Through Times of Uncertainty” resource center.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization with your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please request a consultation. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management, client-side implementation assistance, and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Time & Attendance, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. Over the past two decades, working with over a thousand clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our knowledge of best practices continues to expand and our experience is vast and unsurpassed. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including ADP, Benefitfocus, Ceridian, IBM Kenexa, Kronos, Oracle, Saba, SAP, SuccessFactors, Taleo, Ultimate Software, WorkForce Software, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.