PLEASANTON, CA and VIENNA, AUSTRIA–(Marketwired – Jul 22, 2015) – Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that Siemens Convergence Creators, a leading software solution and service provider in the fields of communications, media, and technology, has selected Workday Human Capital Management (HCM). With Workday, Siemens Convergence Creators will be able to move its HR operations off of multiple legacy systems and into the cloud for a technology foundation that is agile, fast, and architected to provide workforce analytics that will support the company for its growth, greater efficiency and leaner processes.
Siemens Convergence Creators wanted one global, modern HR system that could adapt with growth and change, engage the entire organization, and provide deeper visibility into its workforce, which spans across 10 countries.
With Workday, Siemens Convergence Creators plans to:
- Create one global people management system, enabling management to work with a single source of truth about its workforce, such as headcount, for accurate planning and decision-making.
- Access analytics that provide greater insight into employee skill sets and capability gaps to help support planning for customer projects. With Workday, the company will be able to leverage a unified search framework to easily identify employees who may fill those gaps. For example, employees who speak French and have specific technical skills.
- Standardize HR processes worldwide, streamlining operations for growth and increasing efficiencies throughout the business. Siemens Convergence Creators will easily be able to configure business processes, such as workflows, and make changes as business needs evolve, and compliance needs change.
- Empower employees with greater mobile capabilities using a simple, intuitive interface, giving them the ability to access information and take action from anywhere and at any time. For example, employees will be able to submit time and absence requests directly from their mobile phones.
- Leverage continuous innovation from Workday’s development on a single code line delivered in the cloud.
Comments on the News
“We wanted a modern HR system that would support future growth, engage our entire global workforce, and create a more strategic HR organization to help drive our company into the future,” said Dominik Löffler, global vice president HR, Siemens Convergence Creators. “With Workday, we will have a global HR system that is agile, empowers our workforce with greater self-service and mobile capabilities, and delivers real-time insights into our workforce to help inform decisions and enable us to provide an even greater level of service to our customers.”
“With Workday, Siemens Convergence Creators will begin a new chapter, operating its own global HRIS with greater agility, speed, and visibility into its workforce to support continued growth and expansion,” said Chano Fernandez, president EMEA, Workday. “Siemens Convergence Creators will also have the tools and capabilities to empower its workforce across continents and engage them in a whole new way.”
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization and your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please visit www.HRchitect.com. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. After more than 18 years in business working on over 2100 successful engagements for more than 1000 clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our experience is vast. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including IBM Kenexa, Oracle, Taleo, WorkForce Software, Ultimate Software, Saba, Benefitfocus, SumTotal Systems, SAP, SuccessFactors, Lumesse, PeopleFluent, Cornerstone OnDemand, Infor, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.
Press releases posted on HCM Tech Vendor News are provided to HRchitect by the technology vendors and posted by HRchitect as a service to our readers.