NEW YORK, National Retail Federation’s (NRF) Annual Convention & Expo, Jan. 18, 2016 – Kronos Incorporated today announced that Swarovski, producer and retailer of high-quality crystal product collections, has deployed the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions in locations across Europe and the U.S. Using Kronos solutions, Swarovski has significantly reduced turnover through improved employee engagement, driving higher levels of store productivity.
- With more than 30,000 employees across 2,560+ owned and partner-managed stores, Swarovski deployed Kronos time and attendance and optimized scheduling solutions to streamline and automate key processes for consistency in workforce management across global locations.
- With Kronos, Swarovski has achieved significant benefits. In particular, its UK business has significantly reduced turnover – by nearly 25 percent – which in a retail environment leads directly to an improved bottom line. After deploying Kronos, Swarovski’s UK operation also saw 25 percent higher weekend sales mix1 than the previous year and a two-point increase in the conversion rate, measuring the proportion of visitors to a store who made a purchase.
- Swarovski is now able to more accurately match staff schedules to consumer demand while providing associates with added flexibility in how they do their jobs and manage their work hours.
- Previously, though the retailer had policies and procedures in place, it lacked clear definition and consistent application about the hours an employee should work in a day, the number of breaks they should have and when, and even how much overtime they should receive and when they qualify for it. A portion of the stores also did not offer flexibility in staffing because of lack of visibility.
- Kronos also helps ensure consistency in policy applications across multiple locations while managing complex, global pay rules. This way employees experience more equitable work hours and schedules, regardless of where they are located, and Swarovski achieves improved compliance with labor laws, which vary by countries and regions.
- Swarovski will discuss its successes with Kronos in the session, “Sparkling Success: Swarovski’s Workforce Management Journey” at NRF today from 10:15-10:45 a.m. on Level 3 of the EXPO Hall in BIG !deas Room 3, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York.
Liz Moughan, senior director, retail and hospitality practice group “Managing a multinational workforce is incredibly complex but with significant, ongoing investments in global product capabilities, Kronos offers the industry’s most widely used workforce management solution, deployed across more than 100 countries. For multinationals such as Swarovski, Kronos offers a single solution for all global workforce management, offering standardization, visibility, and control. In addition, we bring local market expertise around uniqueness in labor rules and regulations for global implementations. “
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization and your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please visit www.HRchitect.com. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. After more than 18 years in business working on over 2100 successful engagements for more than 1000 clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our experience is vast. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including IBM Kenexa, Oracle, Taleo, WorkForce Software, Ultimate Software, Saba, Benefitfocus, SumTotal Systems, SAP, SuccessFactors, Lumesse, PeopleFluent, Cornerstone OnDemand, Infor, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.
Press releases posted on HCM Tech Vendor News are provided to HRchitect by the technology vendors and posted by HRchitect as a service to our readers.