CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 27, 2015 – Serving more than 70,000 residents, the city government of Iowa City selected the Workforce Ready solution from Kronos Incorporated deployed in the Kronos Cloud to increase operational efficiencies.
- The City of Iowa City selected the Kronos time and attendance application for more than 750 employees across all departments including airport, fire, police, recreational, waste, and water, all of which employ a mix of full- and part-time as well as seasonal workers. Kronos will help completely automate and standardize complex pay rules for such a unique workforce, which need to comply with a diverse set of rules, shifts, and union contracts.
- Integration of the Kronos solution with the city’s ERP system will help improve efficiencies through reduced administrative work and accuracy of employee time and attendance data entering the ERP system. This will enhance the overall quality of the entire payroll process.
- The City of Iowa City also chose to deploy the workforce management solution in the Kronos Cloud, allowing Kronos to host and manage the solution without requiring additional hardware and other resources from the city. This will further allow the city government to increase efficiency and stay focused on its core mission of citizen services.
- Dennis Bockenstedt, finance director, The City of Iowa City
“Before Kronos, the City of Iowa City was collecting and entering workforce data using manual and inefficient processes. By automating and integrating this data collection, Workforce Ready will help the city improve productivity and increase overall organizational efficiency.”
- Rock Regan, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
“Increasing efficiencies around payroll and other workforce processes can be a game changer for governments as the workforce is typically a public sector organization’s largest controllable expense and biggest asset. Workforce management applications deployed in the cloud can dramatically improve operational efficiencies and also increase employee adoption rates. The City of Iowa City has already begun experiencing these benefits as it rolls out the Kronos solution.”
- About The City of Iowa City.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization and your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please visit www.HRchitect.com. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. After more than 18 years in business working on over 2100 successful engagements for more than 1000 clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our experience is vast. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including IBM Kenexa, Oracle, Taleo, WorkForce Software, Ultimate Software, Saba, Benefitfocus, SumTotal Systems, SAP, SuccessFactors, Lumesse, PeopleFluent, Cornerstone OnDemand, Infor, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.
Press releases posted on HCM Tech Vendor News are provided to HRchitect by the technology vendors and posted by HRchitect as a service to our readers.