Total Revenues of $305.3 Million, Up 42% Year Over Year; Subscription Revenues of $242.7 Million, Up 48% Year Over Year
PLEASANTON, CA–(Marketwired – Nov 19, 2015) – Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced results for the fiscal third quarter ended October 31, 2015.
- Total revenues were $305.3 million, an increase of 42% from the third quarter of fiscal 2015. Subscription revenues were $242.7 million, an increase of 48% from the same period last year.
- Operating loss was $70.2 million, or negative 23.0% of revenues, compared to an operating loss of $51.5 million, or negative 23.9% of revenues, in the same period last year. Non-GAAP operating profit for the third quarter was $0.8 million, or 0.3% of revenues, compared to a non-GAAP operating loss of $2.9 million last year, or negative 1.4% of revenues.1
- Net loss per basic and diluted share was $0.41, compared to a net loss per basic and diluted share of $0.33 in the third quarter of fiscal 2015.
- Operating cash flows for the third quarter were $55.1 million and free cash flows were $14.9 million. For the trailing twelve months, operating cash flows were $213.0 million and free cash flows were $79.1 million.2
- Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities were approximately $1.9 billion as of October 31, 2015. Unearned revenues were $718.0 million, a 41% increase from last year.
“We had a strong third quarter, and welcomed our largest financial management and HCM customers to date,” said Aneel Bhusri, co-founder and CEO, Workday. “Workday also delivered its best performance in new annual contract value for Workday Financial Management in the history of the company. As we continue this momentum, we are expanding our suite of applications and investing in global capabilities to help more finance organizations make the shift to the cloud with Workday.”
“We are very pleased with our outstanding third quarter results,” said Mark Peek, co-president and chief financial officer, Workday. “We once again generated record quarterly revenues and trailing twelve month operating cash flows. Looking ahead, we anticipate fourth quarter total revenues to be within a range of $317 and $320 million, or growth of 40% to 41% as compared to the prior year.”
- Workday held its ninth annual customer conference, Workday Rising, bringing together more than 5,400 members of the Workday community for education and collaboration in Las Vegas.
- Workday unveiled Workday Learning, a new application intended to offer a more personalized, meaningful learning experience for organizations to evolve and encourage career development at every stage of the employee lifecycle. Workday plans to make Workday Learning generally available to customers in the second half of calendar year 2016.
- In its latest feature release, Workday 25, Workday expanded its offerings for global finance organizations with the general availability of Workday Inventory, new reporting and analytics capabilities, and expanded product translations and localizations.
- Workday opened a new office for its European headquarters in Dublin, and announced plans to create another 200 highly-skilled jobs based in the city over the next three years.
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization and your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please visit www.HRchitect.com. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. After more than 18 years in business working on over 2100 successful engagements for more than 1000 clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our experience is vast. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including IBM Kenexa, Oracle, Taleo, WorkForce Software, Ultimate Software, Saba, Benefitfocus, SumTotal Systems, SAP, SuccessFactors, Lumesse, PeopleFluent, Cornerstone OnDemand, Infor, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.
Press releases posted on HCM Tech Vendor News are provided to HRchitect by the technology vendors and posted by HRchitect as a service to our readers.