Written by April Vaden
Editor’s Note: As the leader in HCM technology consulting services, HRchitect is the longest tenured partner (2010) with the most implementation experience (more than 150 clients) and is widely recognized as the go-to resource for WorkForce Software. Our experience includes Project Management, Implementation, Process Analysis/Redesign, Training, Optimization, Reporting, Integration, Change Management, Client-side implementation assistance, and Ongoing Support.
VISION is WorkForce Software’s annual user conference that brings together WorkForce Software customers, workforce management experts, solution partners and guest speakers for two days of virtual networking, and education on workforce management best practices and innovations. As a leader in workforce management systems consulting, my colleague Troy Robinson and Tara Russell from our client Enable Midstream Partners will be delivering a virtual presentation to help HR professionals who are using WorkForce Software’s EmpCenter system think strategically about custom reports and how those can be used to drive important business decisions.
We’ll also be hosting a virtual booth where our team will share how we can help your organization maximize return on your investment of time, money and effort related to your WorkForce Software system. Drop by our virtual booth to deep dive into all the areas that organizations should consider to maximize return on investment, beyond the initial system go-live. We’ll give you suggestions for how to best handle this in your unique business situation. We’ve helped hundreds of organizations deploy workforce management systems and we strongly believe that it is essential to our client’s success to be knowledgeable about what to expect after a system go-live well before your system goes live. We make sure our clients know what to expect in those scenarios, and we’re excited to be sharing those same insights with you at VISION.
Here is a sneak preview of some of the topics we’ll cover in our virtual booth:
- You are live – now what?
- Once your workforce management system (or any HCM system) is live, your vendor will formally transition you to support. This is the best time to review your lessons learned from the project internally, complete the items from you post-implementation ‘to do’ list. You’ll also want to plan for future training opportunities so your knowledge and your team’s knowledge of your system is never stagnant or outdated.
- Prepare for organizational changes
- Change is the only constant in business. It is highly likely that your organization may go through some changes in the months or years after going live such as launching a global expansion, changing configuration to be in compliance with new legislation that impacts your business, or expanding your use of a system by implementing a new module, such as WorkForce Software’s Absence Compliance Tracker (ACT). How should you handle these items? What level of effort or cost might you want to plan for?
- New Product Features
- Most HCM technology vendors today issue new releases quarterly, so in no time there will be new features available that may or may not add value to the way your organization is utilizing the software. What features of the software should you consider utilizing to help you extend the value of your investment, or to lower risk of non-compliance? We’ll dive into this using examples of new functionality from WorkForce Software’s most recent release.
- Managing your list of needs and wants
- It can be overwhelming to figure out what to focus on when you have many different changes, challenges, and goals in front of you after going live. Don’t worry – we’ll help you organize your list of needs versus your wants, and prioritize changes according to order of importance, budget, etc. Ask us for the project management tools and planning meeting agendas that we find most helpful when managing this process for clients.
- Choosing the right partner for you
- What should you look for when choosing a partner to help with your needs? We’ll share the questions we suggest asking your potential partners during your due diligence phase to ensure their expertise aligns with your organization’s specific needs.
- Explore Support Offerings
- Learn about some of the extended services that your vendor’s internal services team or your selected partner can assist you with at every step of the way such as system optimizations, change management, training, reporting and ongoing support.
Find out more about what you can do to leverage consulting partners beyond your system go-live by joining us at WorkForce Software’s virtual VISION conference this September. If you’d like to start the conversation even earlier, please let us know by completing this form.
To learn more about our Break-Out Session with Enable Midstream and to Register: https://hrchitect.com/upcoming-events/
Be sure to follow #WFSVISION20
About April Vaden:
April Vaden is a Senior Technical Consultant at HRchitect with over 7 years of experience with HR technology and over 6 years of experience with workforce management systems. Prior to joining the HRchitect team, April worked as an Application Consultant, Team Lead, Knowledgebase Manager and Project Manager at WorkForce Software, specializing in time & attendance, reporting, documentation, troubleshooting and upgrades.
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization with your Human Capital Management (HCM) technology needs, please request a consultation. As the leader in HCM Systems strategic consulting, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation and selection, change management, implementation, project management, client-side implementation assistance, and ongoing support of HCM systems of all types including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning Management, Workforce Management, Time & Attendance, Benefits, Core HR/Payroll, and more. Over the past two decades, working with over a thousand clients of all sizes and industries across the globe, our knowledge of best practices continues to expand and our experience is vast and unsurpassed. We have expertise around all major HCM systems including ADP, Ceridian, IBM Kenexa, iCIMS, Kronos, Oracle, SAP, SuccessFactors, Taleo, Ultimate Software, WorkForce Software, and more. HRchitect is a name you can trust for all of your organization’s HCM technology-related consulting needs.