Written by Jocelyn Daggett
Have you gone through an HRIS implementation in the past 3-5 years? Your team worked hard, really hard. They worked tirelessly day in and day out, sacrificing many evenings and weekends. At times, tension was high, and everyone questioned if the change was worth it. But – finally, you made it (barely).
Things are changing very quickly in the HR world. Five years ago, recruitment may not have been on your radar – but now it’s a must. Performance Reviews were done on paper – now, who uses paper? Tired of running reports and merging data to get the report output that you need? Are you missing the mark because HR information is not shared with the right people in a timely manner?
So, regardless of if it has been a while since you’ve implemented your HRIS or if you’ve just gone live, you probably need to make some changes to level up and make your current system work to jive with the current world of work. After all, as an HR leader, you want to transform your HR team to work on higher order HR functions, but you can’t do that unless you have the foundational HR functions taken care of.
So how do you fix or enhance your foundational HR functions so you can focus on true HR transformation?
First, take full advantage of any training your HRIS vendor has to offer. Even if it’s not directly relevant to your specific job, I promise, you will learn something and that something will help you to connect the dots down the road. Understanding all facets of your HRIS will help you visualize your system’s full potential in alignment with your organization’s strategic business objectives.
Next, reach out to HRchitect. Our experts will be by your side every step of the way as you level up your HRIS. We offer a variety of consulting services from managed support services to full system assessments and optimizations that deep dive into current system configuration and processes, identifying and executing on opportunities for improvement.
A few examples of projects I’ve worked on recently to help our clients level up their HRIS and improve ROI include:
- Assisted a large pharmaceutical company by writing reports specific to their needs and scheduled the reports to run automatically, saving them a significant amount of time weekly.
- Created a termination template for a pharmaceutical company that needed to process numerous separations quickly. They needed to capture COBRA information with these transactions. But their software vendor said that COBRA information could not be handled with any mass edit or import. I was able to quickly create a mass import that included the information needed, saving them about 5 hours of manual entry.
- Currently working with a transportation company that recently had several key employees leave causing 54 of their scheduled reports to stop working. We are rescheduling these reports in a way that will prevent this from occurring again.
- Evaluating a company’s HRIS security to ensure that the right people have the right access, but not too much access. Again, this came about due to turnover. The remaining HR employees had no knowledge of system security, so I trained them on that, too.
- Currently working alongside a team of employees at a multi-state logistics company as they go through their HRIS/payroll implementation. As their consultant, I can bridge the gap between the client and vendor to translate what information is being asked for. Understanding new terminology takes time and practice – neither of which you have much time for during implementation. Additionally, I’m advising and guiding the team to ensure that configuration choices made early on in the project are compatible with the available options that we’ll get to later in the project. Not knowing how things are connected can often lead to a choppy configuration. I’ll also be providing one on one training with this HR team closer to go live. These are all things that your HRIS vendor will not be able to do during an implementation, not because they can’t, but because they simply will not have enough time to provide these extras.
Whether you’ve completed a recent implementation or you’re considering one, request a consultation with HRchitect today. Let us help you level up your HRIS.
About Jocelyn Daggett
Jocelyn Daggett is an HCM Implementation Consultant who brings over 20 years of Human Resources and payroll experience to the HRchitect team. Prior to joining HRchitect, Jocelyn spent 14 years in the higher education space with extensive participation in payroll processing and HRIS system administration leveraging UKG Pro (UltiPro). In addition, Jocelyn spent 7 years handling benefits and payroll, utilizing Kronos and ADP, for one of the largest dialysis services providers in the United States.
To learn more about Jocelyn’s experience, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocelyn-daggett-592a67142/