By Claas Koenig
Looking to improve productivity and efficiency in your company? Then consider implementing Time and Attendance software.
There is massive value in automated time and attendance tracking within your company from compliance with labor laws, improved payroll accuracy, and absence tracking just to name a few.
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of your employees. With accurate and fair tracking of time, you can keep track and be notified of late or missed punches. Easily transfer to different departments and see where labor hours are being allocated to. View absences approved or unapproved. With all these features, you can get a high-level overview of what is happening within your organization. You can take appropriate measures to rectify any issues such as unapproved absences, or employees consistently arriving late to work, and in return, increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Reduce the amount of paperwork involved in a manual time tracking system. An automated time tracking system can make it as simple as having your employees enter their employee ID in order to punch in and out.
- Significantly cut down on errors and processing time with payroll. With attendance, PTO or Sick days all being accurately recorded, the time its takes to process payroll is greatly reduced. Without having to go through paper timesheets, as this function will be automated, this minimizes any errors that might be made, which is a benefit for both the employee and employer.
- Employees are more involved and informed as they can login and see their punch times, view PTO or sick time balances, and more. Employees can request time off right through the software and send the request directly to their manager. Managers are easily able to see who else had requested or booked time off and can process the request accordingly. This in turn makes the employee more productive as they are not spending working time tracking down a manager to ask for time off and waiting for the manager to look into it.
- Employees can also automatically have their shifts entered into the schedule each week and then can log in to see what days and times they are scheduled.
- Another important benefit of automated time and attendance is to make sure your organization is staying in regulation with the law. This is especially tricky if your company operates in several states, provinces, or even countries, as they all have varying labor laws. With rules for overtime, sick pay, vacation pay, and meal breaks built into the software, it is a lot easier to make sure these rules are followed. You’ll even receive notifications of any rule violations. This can help you expedite resolving the violations to avoid trouble with the law.
These are just a handful of the ways in which switching to an automated time and attendance system adds massive value to your company. Now that you’re fired up about the benefits of a time and attendance system and about to start your due diligence in your selection process, make sure the solution you select is one your company can grow with. As your company grows you want to make sure the time and attendance piece has the flexibility, and capacity to manage your day to day activities accordingly. Envision your organization 5-10 years down the road and make sure your system can handle any organizational changes that may come. This will help ensure you select a long-term time and attendance solution as switching software solutions can be a daunting task, especially if a lot of time and money was already spent on your initial system.
If you find yourself needing assistance in deciding which time and attendance system is right for your organization, or want to take that daunting implementation project off of your already busy team’s plate, let HRchitect help.
Written by: Claas Koenig
Claas is an Implementation Consultant at HRchitect. He is currently based in British Columbia.