Written by Samantha Colby
In the HCM technology industry, what sort of projects can a consulting firm, like HRchitect, help your organization with? And, what exactly do those services entail? Here are some of the services we provide to our clients.
- HCM Technology Strategic Planning – The process of creating a plan to support the business and people strategies. The plan includes resources, process improvements / changes, technology components (what to keep, retire, and purchase new), along with the change management needed to implement the processes and technology.
- Systems Evaluation – The phase of the technology purchasing process where an organization uses decision drivers, scripted demos, and conducts other due diligence to help determine which system they may want to select as their new or replacement system.
- Selection – The actual determination and identification of which new or replacement system a company will purchase. System evaluation and Selection are often combined into one process.
- Project Management – The process of directing and controlling a project to meet specific success criteria and deadlines. In the HCM technology world, project management is widely used to ensure that a system implementation is successful. This is a service that consulting firms like HRchitect can help with.
- Client-side Project Management – A service offering from an implementation partner/consulting firm that assists clients with small/busy HR teams with completing all the deliverables and work that the vendor requires in order to implement a system.
- System Optimization / Healthcheck – A plan that outlines what changes in system configuration and organizational processes could be adjusted to alleviate challenges with current HCM technology. This system optimization is developed based on a review of the current system configuration compared with business processes, especially those business processes that have changed since the system was implemented.
- Change Management – A structured approach to changing the mindset and perceptions of individuals, groups, and organizations to accept and implement new ideas and processes in an organization. In an HCM system implementation, change management helps boost user adoption of the system, and overall project success.
- Remote System Administration (Ongoing Support) – A service offered by HRchitect where a client can choose to have a dedicated consultant available to assist with system administration tasks, answer questions, and offer support on demand. This is often easier for our clients than getting approval for a contract hire, and a faster way to bring expertise into a client’s organization.
Now you’ve got a solid understanding of the types of services a consulting firm like HRchitect can bring to the table, plus an understanding of foundational terms, implementation-related terms, and people and project management terms. Reach out to HRchitect when you’re beginning your next HCM technology project, so we can talk about your project and determine how we can best help maximize your return on investment and minimize risk.
About Samantha Colby
Samantha Colby is the Marketing Director at HRchitect, the leader in HCM systems strategic consulting. Samantha has several years of experience in the payroll and benefits administration space. Samantha has B2B and consumer marketing experience in several industries including consulting, higher education, and sports and entertainment. When not preparing for upcoming trade shows or executing marketing campaigns, Samantha can be found following Boston-based sports teams or reading a book from the local library.